If the couple-y matching Pajamas trend during Yuletide got you in your feelings like it did entertainer, Falz, get ready, another lovers’ season is upon us but this time, it’s okay to get in your feelings.
You can love on yourself, enjoy the day, wear red, if you want, buy chocolates if you want, not judging you. Just enjoy life and that’s all we are about in this piece.
What to do?
1. Don’t hide: It’s so easy to want to disappear on Valentine’s Day and show up on maybe Wednesday when the love bug’s potency might have reduced. Resist the temptation to hide, treat the day like any other. If you feel like it, hang out with other single friends. Enjoy and go easy on yourself.
2. Make someones’ Valentine’s Day memorable: This will help shift the focus from you to another person. Give a thoughtful gift, call someone, spend time with someone you love and see how good that makes you feel.
3. Oh maybe you should take a break from the apps: Valentine’s Day is a good day to go old school and unplug if you are single. Goodness, you will see plenty that can make you take a wrong decision like calling that ex of yours. Don’t do it.
4. Be kind to yourself: Like earlier stated, buy the chocolate if you want, gift yourself something nice. Whether it’s big or small? Expensive or cheap? It’s all up to you. However, don’t hurt yourself by pretending that it’s from someone else.
5. Work on your New Year’s goals: While lovers celebrate, get some work done that would benefit you and your future.