The Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the National Examinations Council (NECO), Prof. Godswill Obioma died on Monday evening during a short siesta.
He was found dead in his bedroom in Minna by his Personal Assistant.
Obioma died of heart attack premeditated by hypertension, according to NECO.
Here are nine things you should know about Obioma:
1. Godswill Obioma was born on December 12, 1953. He was a Professor and the registrar of National Examination Council, NECO, until his death on 31 May 2021 2. He was a native of Amaokpu, Nkpa, Bende Local Government Area, Abia State.
3. He graduated with distinction as the overall best graduating student, from Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education where he studied Mathematics and Physics in 1975.
4. In 1979, he graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he studied Mathematics and Education, graduating as the best graduating student.
5. He graduated with a Master’s degree in educational measurement and evaluation at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in 1982.
6. In 1985 enrolled for PHD at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and graduated with a doctorate degree in the same field and won the vice chancellor’s award for the best doctoral dissertation.
7. In 1991, at 38, he was appointed Professor of Mathematics Education and Evaluation at University of Jos, becoming the head of department, department of science, mathematics and technology education in 1993.
8. He served as the Special Assistant on Policy Monitoring and Evaluation to the Military Administrator of Abia State in1994.
9. He was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari as the registrar of National Examination Council, NECO for a five- year tenure to replace Abubakar Gana from 14 May 2020.